Facial Massages are a great way to relax and rejuvenate your gorgeous face and a wonderful Self Care step! Normally, a facial massage can cost $50 or more at a day spa and while this is certainly a special treat worth doing every now and then, I like to do my own at home for a weekly pick-me-up and to fight off fine lines and wrinkles that are now inevitable (sigh.).
I have been a rep for for several years NYR Organic because I know the products are made from organic ingredients and I want to be as chemical free as possible. I recommend the NYR Organic products but if you have a product that you love, use it! And leave me a link so I can learn more about other great products!
Indulge DIY Weekly Facial Massage
1. Cleanse and Invigorate
- Warm Wild Rose Beauty Balm between your fingertips and smooth across face, avoiding eye area.
- Starting at your chin, gently massage in a circular motion, moving outwards and then back inwards to nose.
- When you reach your temples, press into them and breathe deeply.
- From the tip of your nose, massage up and across forehead.
- At your temples, press again and breathe deeply.
- Remove excess balm with a moist muslin cloth and pat dry.
2. Spritz and Tone
- Dampen or spritz a cotton pad with your chosen toner – my personal favorite is White Tea Facial Mist
- Wipe the pad over your face in an upward motion, avoiding eye area
3. Pressure Point Massage
- Rub two drops of facial oil in palms, then cup hands over face to inhale calming aroma (I love the Orange Flower Facial Oil)
- Apply to your face in a smooth upward sweeping motion
- Press up and across your forehead in straight lines of pressure point dots, from between brows out to temples
- Then press on the bone under your eyes out to your ears, followed by points under your cheekbones, working from your nose outwards
- Using your ring fingers, apply your favorite eye serum (try the Frankincense Lip and Eye Serum for anti-aging benefits)
- Lightly draw circles around your eyes, starting at the bridge of your nose
- Softly pinch your eyebrows, moving outwards, then apply pressure dots across under-eye bone, finishing with light pressure to outer eye
4. Moisturize to Seal in Benefits!
- Apply a small amount of your favorite moisturizer (the Nourishing Orange Flower Daily Moisture smells divine!)
- Notice the fragrance as you massage it in so your body is reminded of relaxation every time you use it!
Ready for a bubble bath? I AM!
Sign up for the Beauty Bliss monthly email list – at the beginning of the month, I send an email about product specials and a few organic self care tips. This list is separate from BlissBombs and just for Beauty Bliss advocates.
***I am a NYR Organic Consultant and I do receive a commission from the link included in this post. Thank you!