Sleep time is about rest and renewal. Our bodies, minds and spirits are recovering, refreshing and renewing from the stresses and activities of the day. Sleep time is also secret beauty bliss time! And having a lovely self care sleep time ritual gets you in the mood to relax … and calm.
Before bed, I prepare a cup of herbal tea – the Organic Night Time Tea blend is brilliant – and I call it my Self Care Night Cap. Soothing music and diffusing essential oils in my sleeping area, plus my nighttime beauty sleep regime help me rest. I have a hard time turning off my brain and putting this beauty sleep ritual into place has made all the difference in my quality of sleep and my skin. If I have a challenging night, I journal or read something that does not re-engage my brain like poetry or mythology.
One of my favorite beauty sleep skin care products is Beauty Sleep Concentrate from my NYR Organic Shop. This little bottle of beauty sleep packs a powerful punch to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, all while working in harmony with your skin’s night time rhythm. Narcissus and botanical extracts work through the night while you are snoozing so that you wake up to revitalized and supple skin.
Another favorite to treat yourself before bed is the Beauty Sleep Body Butter for a bedtime self massage that also has the benefit of infusing your skin with organic butters and oils focused on caring deeply for your skin.
Cook’s Organics also has a Sweet Dreams Foot Creme that is marvelous! It is a homemade blend of magnesium, coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax, and aloe. They even have a sale through 7/16 so you can try it out.
Essential oils are natural sleep remedies. You can diffuse them in your sleeping area or dot your pillows and sheets with them.
Best Essential Oils to Promote Sleep:
- Lavender Organic Essential Oil – calming and light to help you release the stress of your day
- Chamomile Roman Essential Oil – helps to release tension physically and mentally
- Night Time Roller Remedy – combination of several essential oils to promote sleep and relaxation in a handy roller
Our busy lives and stresses make sleep time even more important. Take care of YOU and get the rest and beauty bliss that you deserve.
A few interesting facts about Sleep (25 Random Facts about Sleep):
- Humans are the only mammal that willingly delays sleep
- One of the primary causes of excessive sleepiness among Americans is self-imposed sleep deprivation.
- The higher the altitude, the greater the sleep disruption. Generally, sleep disturbance becomes greater at altitudes of 13,200 feet or more. The disturbance is thought to be caused by diminished oxygen levels and accompanying changes in respiration. Most people adjust to new altitudes in approximately two to three weeks.
- Divorced, widowed and separated people report more insomnia.
- People who don’t get enough sleep are more likely to have bigger appetites due to the fact that their leptin levels (leptin is an appetite-regulating hormone) fall, promoting appetite increase.
Are you interested in dreaming? We had a great Goddess Alive Radio show that was all about Dreams and Dreaming with fabulous dream information.
What are your favorite night time rituals and products? Let me know!