Avocado is creamy, dreamy way to start the morning … bliss in every bite! Avocado toast is not only the gateway to a feel good morning but is a great snack or meal anytime throughout the day. There are a plethora of nutritional benefits from avocado:
- Avocado is full of HEALTHY FAT. Should I say that again – Healthy Fat. Our bodies need healthy fat and these little babies deliver loads of Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids. Avocado Oil is also a great high-heat cooking oil.
- Avocado has more Potassium than bananas – with a 100 gram (3.5 ounce) serving containing 14% of the RDA, compared to 10% in bananas. Potassium supports healthy blood pressure levels.
- Avocado has large amounts of fiber which contributes to weight loss and reduces blood sugar spikes.
Those are just a few – you can see more benefits here.
One of the easiest ways to eat avocado is roughly chopped with a healthy squeeze of lemon juice and anointed with generous salt and pepper. I love it. I also love to add some mango ….
Mango Avocado Toast with Ezekiel Bread
- Take your favorite whole grain, sprouted grain, gluten free or plain ole white bread and toast it.
- Scoop out all of the delicious insides of half of an avocado. (a small one)
- Slice some gorgeous golden mangoes on top.New DietNew Job
- Squeeze some lemon juice on the avocado and mush it around. (I like mine a bit mushed)
- Salt and Pepper the avocado for taste.
- Lay toast on cutting board. Spread mushed avocado. Lay gorgeous mango on it. Give a quick spin on salt and pepper mills.
- Commence eating. Don’t forget to admire the amazing colors!
You are so very welcome. I love you, too.
Now, perhaps mangoes are not in season. Do not despair – I have another Avocado Toast Trick up my sleeve …
Avocado Egg Salad on Toast with Tomatoes
Ingredients (enough for 4 slices of toast):
- 2 Hass avocados – peeled, chopped, and squirt some lemon on them so they don’t turn brown
- 4 hard-boiled eggs – peeled and chopped
- 1 large tomato – chopped
- 4 green onions – chop the white and light green parts
- 1/2 lemon to squeeze over the avocado, plus adds a nice tang
- 1 tablespoon of Vegenaise or Mayo (or to taste)
- 4 slices of multi-grain bread or Ezekiel bread
- Salt and pepper
Toast the bread to your level of preference. Mix the chopped avocados and eggs with the Vegenaise/Mayo until creamy. Salt and Pepper to taste. Generously mound onto each piece of toast and garnish with chopped tomatoes and green onions. Munch!
Want more avocado? Try these:
What makes a Feel Good Morning in your world?